All Ability Clinics – Fishing is for Everyone in full swing!
Fishing is one of the most popular recreational activities in Australia. While so many fishers take for granted the opportunity of heading to the water and casting a line, it is evident that there are barriers hindering people with disabilities from being able to do the same.
The Fishcare Victoria All Abilities Fishing Clinic – Fishing is for Everyone project is now underway. Your fishing licence fees will help us deliver 100 ‘fishing for all abilities’ clinics over the next 2 years!
We’ll be working with disability providers, agencies and local councils to deliver the clinics in the Kingston, Bayside, Hobsons Bay and Port Philip Council areas, getting more Victorians enjoying time by the water.
The program aims to:
• increase the active involvement of people with disabilities into recreational fishing through coordinated and regular fishing events
• partner with government, agencies, local councils and organisations and develop strategic cooperative arrangements
• promote responsible fishing practices as well as rules and regulations to participants and care givers
• be advocates in promoting inclusive participation in recreational fishing
• be a key delivery partner in the State Government – Fishing for All initiative
These regular all ability fishing clinics will offer opportunities for Victorians who face significant life challenges and find it difficult to engage with our fisheries and enjoy the magic of fishing. It’s no secret that fishing is an amazing way to connect with our environment, facilitate social interaction and a sense of belonging and bring adventure to anglers’ lives. Access to and participation in recreational fishing should be available to all Victorians. This program will be an advocate in promoting inclusive participation for one of Australia’s most popular recreational activities.
For more information please contact Elysia Gustafson – All Ability Facilitator at email@example.com or on 0423 588 345