Responsible Anglers Academy Events
Fishcare Victoria Recreational Fishing License Trust funded program ‘The Responsible Anglers Academy” is offering several free workshop events to build skills of young anglers and introduce them to different kinds of fishing.
This one-of-a-kind program offers junior anglers aged from 8 – 16 a unique opportunity to network with leaders within the industry, build friendships with like-minded individuals, and of course develop fishing tactics and skills.
What is Supplied?
The program will provide all equipment – boat fees, safety & fishing equipment, bait and learning resources as well as provision of lunch, drinks and snacks at events (for applicants). Applicants are welcomed to bring their own gear if desired and families are welcomed but are not guaranteed lunch or provision of equipment.
What isn’t supplied?
Applicants must be able to make their own way to the event venues. Travel or accommodation associated with the events will not be covered
SPACES ARE LIMITED SO BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL!
- BOAT FISHING IN PORT PHILLIP BAY – QUEENSCLIFF
- Saturday 27th March
- 12pm – 5pm
- The Responsible Anglers Academy is for Junior Anglers (aged 8-16 to be accompanied by 1 guardian ). This boat fishing event is an opportunity to discover the basics of boat fishing within Port Phillip Bay with Queenscliff Fishing Charters. This 4-hour fishing experience explores the benefits of boat fishing as a productive way to target a variety of fish species. Departing from Queenscliff at 12.30 and returning at 4.30 the days include lunch and refreshments on board. Participants are encouraged to dress for all weather conditions and are required to have a Victorian Recreational Fishing License on them. (FULLY BOOKED – a waiting list is available for any cancelations)
- FLATHEAD ON SOFT PLASTICS – LAKE TYERS
- Saturday 24th April
- 9am – 3pm
- The Responsible Anglers Academy Dusky Flathead Clinic for Junior Anglers (aged 8-16 to be accompanied by 1 guardian ) aims to build on their knowledge of the species that is the Dusky Flathead, meet leaders within the industry and build friendships. This unique fully funded experience explores the lifecycle, feeding habits, and science behind the species. Most importantly, we will discuss modern lure fishing tactics, rig preparation, sustainable fishing methods and safety on the water before we spend a few hours on the water putting the theory into practice with all gear, lures and tackle provided at no cost.
- SNOBS CREEK HATCHERY TOUR & TROUT FISHING – EILDON
- Saturday 29th May
- 10am – 2pm
- The Responsible Anglers Academy is for Junior Anglers (aged 8-16 to be accompanied by 1 guardian). A guided tour of the Snobs Creek Fish Hatchery in Eildon and a rare insight into the process of growing trout, salmon, and native fish. The day will include a fishing activity run by our staff and volunteers in association with Fisheries Officers on the Eildon Pondage to target trout. Lunch and refreshments will be provided to participants throughout the day. (FULLY BOOKED – a waiting list is available for any cancelations)
- PARKS VICTORIA BEACH ACTIVITY & PIER FISHING – ST KILDA
- Saturday 26th June
- 10am to 2pm
- The Responsible Anglers Academy is for Junior Anglers (aged 8-16 to be accompanied by 1 guardian). Join Parks Victoria for a picturesque beach walk in search of marine treasure and an insight into some of the impacts that marine debris might be having on our local ecosystems! The day will consist of hands-on activities for kids of all ages, including a fishing activity run by our staff and volunteers from the St Kilda Pier. Lunch and refreshments will be provided to participants throughout the day. (FULLY BOOKED – a waiting list is available for any cancelations)
If you have any questions regarding the program – please contact our Executive Officer – Sarah Van Stokrom at firstname.lastname@example.org